Late this summer we began partnering with leaders in the PLI family to host regional catalyst gatherings. Church leaders have been bringing:
- Formal and informal leaders
- Young adults who hold the keys to reaching the millennial and Gen Z generations
- People of any age who
- Know the world is a dark place.
- Know they should do something (more/different…something).
- But they don’t know how.
- And, they don’t know what.
- So, they don’t do anything.
- Why did we lose so many members through Covid?
- Why is the western church model that we just know as “church” exhausting our leaders and increasingly ineffective at impacting our communities?
- Why it is critical that our churches, and some of their people, can gain some early “wins” in marking a new, vibrant path forward.
- And, maybe most importantly, offering some practical, simple steps forward.
We just finished gatherings in Appleton, WI, Palestine, IL, Holdrege, NE, and Mission, KS. Sioux Falls, SD, is coming in a few weeks.
We’ve discovered a few things:
- Pastors and their formal/informal leaders need some common language and understanding of the scope of the challenge.
- Hope and courage show up around the Word of God in community.
- Everybody needs some short term “wins” to fuel the long road ahead.
- 1,000 Young Leaders and Multipli’s Genesis Leader are showing up with testimonies of transformed lives and real mission impact.
If you’re in the PLI family and if you’re interested in hosting one of these gatherings, please let us know.
Next week, be sure to read the ENews. I want to share an absolutely amazing development in our training in Africa!
But today…a thank you to Matt Hewitt.
Almost five years ago, Matt Hewitt joined our team as Chief Financial Officer. Matt and his Twin Cities congregation had participated in the first Discipleship to Missional Community. Matt has accepted a call to Pathfinder Church in St. Louis, Missouri. Obviously, we’re sad to see Matt leave, but more importantly we’d like to invite you to join us in saying thanks to Matt. Matt has revolutionized data systems across PLI. He’s aligned and automated registration processes. He’s provided counsel for interfacing with PLI’s 1,000 Young Leaders and PLI’s companion ministry Multipli. All while working with accountants, auditors, etc., etc. Some of you have experienced Matt as a trainer and coach in our learning communities and can speak personally of the ways he lives out his faith in his family, neighborhood and congregation.
So, if you’ve been personally touched by Matt’s ministry at PLI, please join in saying “thanks!” Matt towed a trailer to Nashville when he arrived. We celebrate that he will leave with his wonderful wife Jill and new young son! Thank you, Matt.
Hey Jock, I’ve got a book I want to send you, but a wrong address. send me your address, I’ll send you a copy of Reclaiming the Joy of Ministry by yours truly. We have commissioned minister version to. Love your posts. peace, DZ