Our international teams lead by Scott and Lori Rische wrapped up a week of training in Uganda earlier this month. They focused on “Leading Change for the Sake of the Mission.”
[bctt tweet=”I’ve learned the importance of Influence…not control.” username=”pliexperience”]
The team leaves Sunday for an 8th year of training in Ethiopia. Are you following PLI on Facebook? Be sure to watch our page next week to see what’s happening in Ethiopia.
640 pastors and spouses participated internationally in PLI in 2016, mostly funded by gifts from individuals and congregations in the PLI family! Can you imagine the ripple of that training into the congregations and lives those leaders represent…the people in their communities who will hear the story of Jesus?
Our international training delivers some of the essentials of leadership for pastors and spouses:
- Focusing on the Mission of God
- Clarifying a leader’s passion and gifts
- Discovering God’s Vision for Ministry
- Building Teams that Focus Out on Mission
- Strengthening Marriage
- Cultivating confidence in the Spirit of God to work
- Emphasizing character and integrity
The stuff that you and I lead with every day.
A quick history of PLI International:
The Lutheran Church in Korea (LCK) was the first to invite PLI to bring its unique leadership training for pastors and spouses outside the United States. The LCK hadn’t planted a new church in ten years but wanted to see that change. Since 2007, when PLI completed its training until today, they’ve started over 30 new churches! Lots of factors contribute to a testimony like this, but the LCK credits this training as a major catalyst for the renewal and growth they’re seeing. In 10 years, PLI International has spread across the world and will serve 12 countries this year.
Thanks for being a mission catalyst in your context, where you serve, too!
So, would you…
- Simply smile, nod and say “thank you, Lord” for these leaders around the world, and/or
- Include PLI’s international work in your foreign mission budget as a congregation, and/or
- Give today and invite a couple of friends to join you in helping fund the new work that will expand later this year in China and former Soviet countries.
Rev. Dr. Jock Ficken