Who is welcome to participate in 1,000 Young Leaders?
1,000 Young Leaders is specifically designed for everyday leaders 21-36 years old who want to participate in the mission of God and grow in Christian leadership skills. If you’re a trade worker, student, entrepreneur, artist, urban inventor, nurse, barista, parent or something in between — this is for you. The content and leadership coaching is designed to meet your passions and connect them with your context. This initiative is for marketplace leaders. There is no prerequisite training or degree required, just a heart for kingdom expansion. You will be empowered to uniquely lead missional, multiplying communities where anyone can encounter Jesus.
If you are a church worker seeking Christian leadership development, check out PLI’s other Learning Communities.
How will I grow, and what will I learn?
Over 10 months you will receive Christian leadership training that empowers you to…
- Process and respond to God’s movement through weekly leadership coaching
- Discover how to engage your local context with the Gospel
- Start and lead community where anyone can encounter Jesus
- Lead with discipleship tools and strategies for multiplication
How can I add 1,000 Young Leaders to my existing schedule?
We know there are many things that fill your schedule from quality family time, work commitments, or other places that you volunteer. 1,000 Young Leaders is designed so you can integrate your leadership and missional training into these life areas. We don’t want to add to your schedule. We want you to integrate 1,000 Young Leaders with a new missional lens.
I’m single. Can I join 1,000 Young Leaders?
Absolutely! We focus on each leader’s unique context. The principles of leadership, discipleship and mission that are taught can be applied to any context. However, we see the biblical significance in being sent out by two. We deeply encourage you to connect with a friend and journey together.
I’m married. Can I join 1,000 Young Leaders?
We see the biblical significance in being sent out by two. We deeply encourage couples to participate in this initiative together. If your spouse does not choose to participate we strongly encourage you to participate with a friend and journey together. In Scripture, we see teams of two partnering together for exponential saturation of the Gospel. Ask yourself these questions, and have a conversation with them about partnering together:
- Who has the same heartbeat and passion for people coming to know Jesus like me?
- Who is a natural leader living in the same community as me?
- Who do I know that builds easy relationships with others and has natural influence?
What is my commitment if I sign up?
- 15-20 minutes of weekly on-demand online teaching
- 75 minutes of live zoom leadership coaching per week (scheduled breaks every 4-6 weeks and holidays)
- Integrate the coaching and Christian leadership training within your context
- $100 registration fee per person or team of two
- $50 per person/per month for 10 months
- Invitation to the Annual Gathering with all participants
What can I expect from the 1,000 Young Leaders Team?
- Trained coaches with expertise and Christian leadership experience
- Prayer and regular encouragement
- Teaching and tools for impact
- Lifetime access to 1,000 Young Leaders platform and community
- A dynamic experience at the Annual Gathering
As a church leader, what are the benefits for my local church if we enroll a young leader?
- Increase Gospel impact with more trained young leaders
- See the reach of the Gospel extend beyond the four walls of your church
- Deepen community connections through relationships built by your leaders
- Re-engage young adults who have stepped away from leadership roles
- Bolster your discipleship culture
- Gain confidence that young adults are developing Christian leadership skills and leading through their God-given strengths and talents
- Build a foundation of young Christian adults whose generation is primarily missing in the Church