I talked with a pastor a few weeks ago after an event.
“I did PLI a decade ago (what’s now Leadership Essentials). Best thing for me and my wife. For the first time in my life I learned how to lead out of my own giftedness and not to try to lead like someone I was not. My wife learned she didn’t need to fit into someone else’s mold. Coming out of Covid I’m feeling a need to re-engage in one of the other PLI training experiences that can provide some fresh energy and sharpen some new skills.”
To be honest, it’s a frequent type of comment or question.
Guys—I usually hear it more from the guys—tell me, “I just don’t feel like I have what it takes to lead at the level that my congregation needs me to lead. I’m feeling inadequate.”
And it doesn’t need to be that way.
We’ve all had those feelings. One pastor who stepped into Senior Leader a few years back shared last week: “It was a life saver for me. Ministry had just become too complex. I wanted to quit…open a pizza place. Senior Leader saved me and saved my ministry.”
So, you’ve settled into the new year; let me simply ask the question:
- Are you feeling the need for some new skills?
- Does ministry leadership feel like it’s outgrown you, or do the tools you need seem out of reach?
- Are you feeling the need to be invited into a community of good, godly leaders who are in hot pursuit of becoming better, more equipped leaders?
Let me invite you to take a look at PLI’s Senior Leader. Our next immersion takes place May 1-4, 2023, in Tampa, Florida, with a focus on Powerful Teams. This is the second immersion, but with Senior Leader, you can join at any time and work your way through until you’ve completed all four trainings. The content at each immersion stands on its own, so you’re not missing out by joining at any immersion. We only offer one cohort of Senior Leader at a time, and we don’t want you to have to wait until the next one starts in a couple years. Raechel can tell you more about how this works.
It’s not for everyone…it’s not intended to be for everyone. (Leadership Essentials is a great place to start for everyone…to put down the fundamental building blocks of leadership that you feel like you should have learned somewhere but didn’t.)
But, if you’re responsible, or want to become equipped to be responsible, for:
- Leading teams, and managing and inspiring staff
- Leading a biblical model of stewardship and giving
- Navigating the complexities of change
- Engaging a congregation full of people in living into the Mission of God
And if you want to:
- Harvest insights from some of the best international leaders in India and Ethiopia and Tanzania and other parts around the globe
- Discover vision clarity
- Build strategy
Then you’ll want to check out Senior Leader this May. Raechel will help you determine if it’s the best fit for you.
We need pioneers today who are not afraid to follow where God is leading and take personal risks along the way. But, sometimes it’s nice to step into a learning community stream that simply pulls you along into new learnings and fresh encouragement.